Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Davenport smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in full control of your Davenport home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Davenport do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides total remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View current or recorded video streams from all connected cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Davenport by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open door will prompt you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Davenport
Although various users can be entered during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, select email or phone and provide the info to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, just proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Davenport smart home. Call (563) 674-6116 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.